Adapted from Minimalist Baker
- 2 cups basil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons almonds/pine nuts/sunflower seeds/walnuts
- 3 to 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 0 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 6 tablespoons water
- Black olives as an optional topping to your pesto dish.
- Process basil, garlic, lemon juice, nuts/seeds, and yeast into a paste.
- Slowly add olive oil while processing the paste.
- Slowly add water while processing until desired texture is achieved.