Seitan with Honey Lemon Butter
- 2 parsnips
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - 3 tablespoons thyme
- 6 seitan cutlets
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter/margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 385°F for a dark cookie sheet, or 400°F for a light cookie sheet.
- Chop the the parsnips and potatoes into roughly equal 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces.
- Toss everything you chopped into a large bowl with the olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly distribute the contents onto your cookie sheet.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Mince garlic and shallot.
- Combine butter, dijon, garlic, honey, lemon juice, and shallot in a microwaves safe bowl.
- Cook on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove it and stir everything together.
- Cook on high for another 30 seconds.
- Once the parsnips and potatoes have roasted for the given time, remove them from the oven and distribute seitan cutlets on top of the parsnips and potatoes.
- Distrubute most sauce evenly over each cutlet and drizzle remainder on parsnips and potatoes between the cutlets.
- Place in the oven for 10 more mintues.