Ginger Sesame Udon Noodles
- Small handful of spinach
- 12 ounce udon noodles
- Toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon saké
- Olive oil
- 1 small shallot
- 1 piece of ginger the size of a small marble
- 0 - 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Optional: sesame seeds
- Cook the udon noodles according to the package.
- Mince the ginger and the shallot.
- Combine the tahini, soy sauce, saké, and water in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a large sauce pot, heat up some olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add the chili flakes, ginger, and shallot and stir often for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach to the pot and stir around until it is slightly wilted.
- Add the noodles and sauce.
- Toss and stir until all the ingredients feel evenly distributed throughout the noodles.
- Top everyones dish with sesame seeds.